Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm too tired to write profoundly tonight...

So I'll just give it to you simple:

I have a date. Thursday night. To a movie. With a woman. BUT I don't expect anything to come of it, I think I'm still in the "friend zone" with this lady.

I have a car. It is nice. Gets great mileage. BUT I still miss being able to suddenly go off road at any moment.

I still don't have a laptop. I hate Sony. And Best Buy. BUT I love the relatives that lent me their computer to type this and other things.

I'm still on the Collegian. I'm advocating for the creation of another editor, a "Public Editor." This person would handle complaints to the paper and seek out feedback to help the rest of the paper do their jobs better. The "PE" would also write columns answering reader questions about things that aren't newsworthy but might need answered. BUT it all depends on what the next Editor-In-Chief decides.

Also, the deadline to apply for Summer and Fall 06 Collegian Editors was today. I didn't apply. I'm not ready and I have too many personal obligations. BUT, as I said, I'd love to be the Public Editor. If it happens.

And there's a girl on staff who seems to be trying to catch my eye. I like this. I'm pursuing it. BUT I never really was worth a damn when it came to interpreting signals from women, so this could go very, very badly. Or it could go wonderfully. That's life.

I've finished the first four chapters of my novel. It's working title is "Stuck." I'm thinking of changing it to "Heaven on Earth" for the second draft. I'm not ready to tell the general public or most people I know what it is about. I've only described the plot to one friend, let another read over the first two chapters, and let my cousin read each chapter as it is written. I rewrote one, number four, once already. I plan on rewriting the entire thing at least twice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all in favor of the Collegian having an ombud-type position, so long as it isn't filled with a 40-year-old man who doesn't know the first thing about journalism, ethics, paper policies, etc. Also, it would also help if that person knew how to spell and/or put sentences together with some form of coherent thought.

Of course, it all comes down to whether or not the editor at the time is comfortable putting the task of hearing complaints and explaining policies in someone other than him- or herself.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home