Monday, March 27, 2006

Goodbye Jeep. Goodbye Laptop.

My Jeep sold Friday after one day one the market. Some twentysomething guy had 13 $100 bills and that was more than enough for us, so he now has my precious Jeep.

Well, now it's his precious Jeep. I hope he takes good care of her.

My laptop is also gone, it had several big problems with it so I took it to Best Buy in Topeka Friday to have it sent out for warranty service. I drove my Oldsmobile, she performed great. She's getting about 30 miles to the gallon these days, more than twice what my Jeep did when I sold her.

I stopped by Paxico on my way home to visit my grandma who lives nearby and go typewriter hunting. There are 10 antique shops in a one-block radius in Paxico, so you'd think I'd have been able to find some good ones. Wrong. All I could find was an overpriced Underwood in poor condition and an obscenely overpriced Oliver No. 3 that was literally in pieces; the carriage assembly had fallen off and I couldn't find any of the connecting fasteners. Also, the keys jammed even when you only used one at a time.

My grandma wasn't home either, so I left her a note. I'll have to go by again sometime.

But my Oldsmobile sure rode like a dream.

I spent all Saturday working on my Corona to produce an assignment due Monday that I procrastinated on. Today was mostly just laziness, except for when my Palm Pilot died on me. I think the battery just got drained somehow, so everything should be ok. Let's hope so, because that thing holds a gold mine of information on sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home