Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma My Corona!

The weather was wonderful today, nice and toasty warm outside. The sun was glorious, the sky was clear, and it seemed it would be a sin to stay inside.

So I took my precious Corona Standard Portable Typewriter, and I sat down at a table outside on the deck and I worked on Cy/Russ out there in the sun, as well as my other novel, "Stuck." Yeah, I haven't told anyone about it yet. It's a surprise.

Anyway, it was just completely wonderful to sit outdoors and put ink to paper. I've discovered the spiritual aspect to writing with this typewriter that I never felt before, having to make each key *snap* instead of just letting my fingers plop against the keys. As someone told me recently, You don't proceess words on a typewriter, you detonate them.

As for all my skeptics out there who continually mock my descent into Luddism, I found another way in which computers cannot compete with typewriters: writing outside. The sun will overpower a computer screen out there forcing you back indoors, but a typewriter is just dandy.

There was even a culture-shock moment when, as I sat there typing, our neighbor walked out on her deck with her husband and notice me making plenty of racket on Matilda (I named my typewriter, how sad).

"Is your power out?" she asked, unable to think of any other reason a young man would use such a device.

In other news, I just discovered that April First, or April Fools Day, will fall on a saturday, the day my church in Council Grove has confessions. This has given me a great plan for an April Fools prank, but it will require a conspiracy between me and my priest. We'll see what happens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not exactally sure what to think about this confessions thing, but I'm thinking I might stick to confession here in Manhattan. Hehe.
~Katie

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logan... thats my conformation day.. you better not screw it up.. lol
-Caitlin

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home