Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My New Typewriter



I found this beauty today at an antique store off US177. I'd originally gone out there to find a machine someone had promised to leave for me, but when I arrived the clerk told me it hadn't been left for me.

However, she did have a pair of typewriters in the back. She guided me into the storeroom and found a pair of cases, one black and worn, one grey and clean. She opened the black one, in it was a Corona typewriter. I would later find here that it had been made between 1932 and 1933.

The keys felt perfect under my fingers, the price tag said $42.50. The clerk said I could have either one for $20, knowing that she probably wouldn't see another person interested in buying old typewriters ever again. Maybe she wanted to make a collector out of me. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home