Saturday, February 18, 2006

I miss my paper

I've been away from the Collegian for five days now, and I've been in withdrawal since the second I left. As I said before, it wasn't a matter of desire that made me leave, it was the conclusion that I had to.

I am a reporter. By nature, I am a curious person, so I naturally find it easy to discover important information and report it.

In short, it's what I do.

Those four words -- it's what I do -- have been my motto when I do a good piece of reporting. It's sort of for a laugh, I say it with false bravado whenever someone thanks me for help with something or turn in a good piece of writing because, hey, I'm Logan Adams, and that's what I do. I do good reporting, I am a good writer and such deeds are everyday for me.

Sound arrogant? Trust me, I've done worse.

The problem I have with the Collegian is a very complicated one. Differences of opinion on editorial decisions, work-induced burnout and personal problems with coworkers all are part of it.

The differences of opinion issue has been solved, and I'm recovering from the burnout thanks to this time away from the paper.

But the personal problems remain between me and one coworker. Not personal problems where I can't work with someone because we hate each other, oh no. I like everyone in that paper.

Personal problems as in, I have trouble working with a certain person because I like that person.

Perhaps too much.

As I said, complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home