Saturday, January 15, 2005

Weekend Retreat

I'm sitting here, hanging out in with the girls in their apartment, which has become our "place to hang" in the evenings. It's very peaceful, very calm up here, and the view is much better than my apartment, which is three floors lower. From here you can see the National Cathedral, which is a very beautiful thing on a clear night. And I get a better internet connection, and I get to hang out with very friendly women. It's a good thing.

I went for a walk today with some of the other interns, we went north by foot to Cleveland, the neighborhood north of us where there is a blockbuster video, which is very nice. We walked by the entrance to the national zoo, which was something else. I'll have to go there sometime, I've always wanted to see a Panda.

Today was a day of little accomplishment, which is cool with me. I worked five 8-1o hour days this week, and this Thursday, the inauguration, is looking to be an 18-hour day or more. This comes from my boss, mind you, so I expect to be an utter trainwreck one week from now.

Not that I'm complaining, this inauguration is going to be something else. I've already contacted 50+ people who are organizing protestors, and this should become something that is most interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home