Tuesday, January 11, 2005

They've got the tower, these guys have the power, and I don't really care anymore.

Sarcasm ahead.

I awoke this morning, ungently, to the sound of people using their right to assemble. That is, to protest and threaten to strike at the hotel the work at, which is my nextdoor neighbor. They were out there when I got home, chanting again, even more rambunchiously and loudly:

Leader: "Who's got the tower?"
Madding Crowd: "They got the tower!"
Leader: "Who's got the power?"
Madding Crowd: "We got the power!"

This makes me think of a quote from Stan of South Park (correct me if I screw it up):

"Dude, I believe in free speech and all that, but dude, {censored} you!"

No, I don't disagree, they can have whatever the hell they want. I just like getting my sleep, that's all. I do hope they get their contracts soon, though, along with healthcare, dental, and whatever else they want.

Because then they'll stop picketing and all will be well, and quiet.

(Seriously, good luck guys, fight the power, and get your contracts!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home