Friday, January 14, 2005

One week down, 13 to go

Well, this marks five days of my life I'll never regret, five days of my life that were unlike anything I've ever experience before. It's utterly amazing to me how much my mindset has changed and how different I feel from how I did on arrival. The subways now seem peaceful to me, the streets no longer feel like canyons either. It's all pretty nice.

From time time I think of those not with me, both those back in Kansas, and those no longer with any of us. It provides me with energy, with drive, to know that I'd damn well better do my best here. That there are those I've left behind, those who will never know the wonders I have known. There's no way I will let one day pass me by up here, that would be a mortal crime against life.

We took a stroll out on the Scripps Media Center Balcony a moment ago, ten floors up from street level. You can see the White House, the Washinton Monument, and Reagan Airport with a most glorious behind them from one side and L street down the other. Glorious. I'll see if I can get you guys a picture some time.

I miss home, I miss my family and friends, but I honestly want to be here. I've been finding peace, I've been finding life, I've been learning and listening, seeing and understanding.

And if all goes well, i may break a big story next week. Or a small one, either way, i'll be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home