Saturday, January 22, 2005

Two weeks down, 12 to go

Well, I've been here two weeks, only it seems like I've been here longer. Not in a bad way, mind you, it's just that so much happens each and every day it seems like I've been here for a month.

I even made fun of all the people here from Texas for not knowing how to get around, as if were an absolute DC native. Shame on me.

After waking up at 11:00 AM, I spent the day not really doing anything at all, except for laundry. It snowed, and it was supposed to be really nasty, so I stayed inside, for the most part. I have gone to the store on several occasions in the past, but evertime I went, I forgot to pick up laundry detergent.

Now, I'm not a smart person... Oh wait, I am, and as a smart person, I know that you need detergent in order to have clean clothes. So I ventured out into the snow, which was coming down very hard at the time, and I got my detergent. And I came home. And I sat down at my computer and surfed the internet for a while longer.

Eventually, I ventured down to the basement and took over half of the washing machines (6 total) with my week's worth of dirty laundry, and yes, it did smell bad.

I got it cleaned, and dried, and then I started ironing it around 5:30 or so. I finished ironing at almost 8:00 PM. I hate ironing, I hate it very much.

After that, I was invited up to the girls apartment to watch a movie with them and some friends of theirs. I had two beers, but as this is an adult-friendly blog, I can't give any details as to what we talked about. Adults aren't mature enough to know.

But if you want a hint, we played "I have never." Well, they played it, and I sat nearby and pretended not to listen as I learned a great deal about my new friends. Perhaps too much.

This is probably not as entertaining of a post, and if that is true, then re-read my inauguration post again without using your memory. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home