Monday, January 24, 2005

A little breather.

I have been smashing my mind around since 10:00 this morning, and seven hours of that isn't fun. You see, I'm writing the Alton Brown story today, and it's an absolute feature story. I came here with the mindset of hard news, current, direct stuff, and it can be difficult to rearrange a mindset.

How difficult? Seven hours of mental thrashing difficult. There have been points where I've gone to the restroom just so no one would see it when it gets its strongest, as I look like I'm going entirely insane.

But no worries, I'm doing it. I'm getting it done, I'm writing this story, even if I have to stay here late, and come back in the morning.

I'm listening to that Train song, "When I look to the sky," it's a great song, especially for someone who feels alone, who misses someone, or who's lost someone. Just beautiful.

I called my dad this morning on a lark, just before I started with the writing of the chef story. I also wrote my mom a little email, and sent another one to a Kansas friend who'd written about the Fort Riley Horse story. Apperantly she likes using suave on her horses, too. She also said that women used to use horse shampoos, as the provided a better sheen. Who knew?

Well, this story isn't going to write itself, so I'm going to force myself to stop blogging in a second and get back to work. Blogging break is over, time to work again...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all seriousness, pretty much anything for a horse can be used on a human, and vice versa!

Listen to this...

Women still use horse shampoos... "Mane and Tail," for starters. Also, a lot of people use hoof conditioners on their nails, horse wormer on their dogs, and horse fly spray on everything (it's ggggreat. Buy "Bronco," it's effective as hell and smells yummy).

People put baby powder, baby oil, and eye rinse on their horses. Since my horses had a lot of white on them, we always used the purple Blonding shampoos on them. It's the best way to get them White-white, not whitish. A must in the show arena.

Anyway, that's me being retarded...
Jocelyn

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home