Thursday, March 24, 2005

My own little catchphrase

I once thought about giving myself a catchphrase to be used in every column I did for the Collegian.

The catchphrase is: "moving on..." (As in: "Shame on me. Moving on..." )

It's just a little line that had a ring to it that I liked, a ring that echoes anew as my thoughts turn to my impending return home.

I must admit the Capital City has grown on my during my time here. It's a nice place with lots of people and big buildings and noise. It took some getting-used-to, but I have adapted as best as I can.

And I have become attached to the perks of living here, all the chinese food, bearing witness to history as it happens and reporting it back to the world, and the feeling of intense possibility I get from being in a place of such rapid change.

I only have a few weeks left here. There are many people I haven't seen in a long time who I miss dearly, and I'm ready for what comes next. I am at peace with my time here being finite, for it only made me get more out of what I had.

I have plans for when I get back to Council Grove. I'm launching my photography business, I'm going to work on my studies, hopefully I'll get a nice internship or job for the summer. I'm going to write that intense work of fiction I've been planning for almost a year now.

I am neutral about leaving D.C. My fears and wants of both places have cancelled each other out. All that remains in my eye is that Washington is going to soon be behind me, with Kansas surrounding me, and only God knows what in my future.

I'm going to live and laugh and breathe like I remember doing once some great time ago, a time I can barely remember these days. I'm ready to live on my own terms.

I've had my fun, I've had my experiences. It would be nice to do this forever, but I've got greater things to do. Moving on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home