Monday, March 21, 2005

Not exactly Bedridden

I didn't go to work today. I awoke this morning with a sore throat and a few symptoms of the flu that you don't talk about in formal conversation and decided to take the day off, rest up, and hit the grind with utter ferocity tomorrow.

My supervisor was more than happy to hear I wasn't coming in. The employees stationed in the Scripps Media Center are rather wary of disease. Mentioning influenza even in a joke could cause a panic. At least that's the reason I hope she was happy I didn't come in...

So I stayed in bed most of the day with a little bit of net surfing when I got bored or to check my email, and to do a little research for upcoming stories. I also finished the book I was reading: The Last Juror by John Grisham. It was a very good book indeed, 486 pages, I started reading it Friday night.

The librarian from my old High School must be so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home