Monday, February 28, 2005

The end is nigh!

I swear, the way the weatherman was talking yesterday would make one think he needed a sandwich-sign announcing the end of the world. Apperantly a chance for midday snow is a sign of the apocalypse to these people, because they start repenting at the thought of fresh powder.

I just hope to God their absolute fear of snow and ice doesn't rub off on me. I can just imagine myself curled up under a desk after hearing about an approaching Kansas ice storm, begging for someone to "make the wet stuff stop." The horror, the horror.

I hope you, my readers, understand by now how deeply Washingtonians fear snow, because I've used up every metaphor I could think of, and doubt I shall write of it again.

Well, at least not until the next time it snows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not but it the great white stuff was coming down most of the morning as the sun was out. It was kinda freaky looking.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just horrified it's still snowing there. If even one more flake falls here, I'm pretty sure I'll scream!! ~Katie

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home