Thursday, February 24, 2005

Mmmmmm, snow

It's snowing outside my window right now, and it pisses me off.

Not that I have anything against snow, oh no, not at all. I love snow.

But what has me angry here is that all Washington-area schools have been closed, and the streets are barely moist. There is no accumulation, no ice, no slick streets and sidewalks. It's all good, my friends.

I remember one time in High School when we got 8 inches of the white stuff and still had school. Two buses lost control on separate routes and wound up in the ditch that day (my memory is a little fuzzy on that one, I could be wrong), and we still had school. I had trouble making it to class from home in a 4x4, and we still had school

Washingtonians see snow, and they cry like little babies and run for cover, even if it has yet to touch the ground. Hell, Lauren, the Cuban-American-in-residence, our little Miss Miami, got along just fine today.

But the District people dared not try to make it outside in fear of facing the perilous precipitation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back to work!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home