Thursday, February 24, 2005

Water, Water, every where, nor any drop to drink

I spent all morning not doing anything at all because I was covering the premiere of a documentary called "Running Dry" at the Woodrow Wilson Center (a part of the Ronald Reagan building) at 3:00 P.M.

And the only other media organization present was Voice of America, and that's it. I was the only reporter there besides them because I, unlike the news media, was not afraid of the snow.

Either that or reporters snuck into the Russell Senate Office Building showing of the film that was just for lawmakers and staff, and if they did, I'm going to be pissed off. But I still doubt they did.

"Running Dry" was interesting to watch. It's about water mismanagement and drought worldwide. It was filled images of drought, destitution, pain, suffering, all from the want of water.

Jane Seymour narrated it, and yes, I interviewed her.

I interviewed the director, and the wife of Sen. Paul Simon, who inspired the project. I also met the former ambassador to America from Ghana. Nice guy.

I'm doing the story in the morning, and hoping I have an exclusive.

BTW, if you ever have an opportunity to watch "Running Dry," and this is not an endorsement, go for it.

And now I'm going to go savor a glass of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home