Monday, August 07, 2006

It's official...

Logan C. Adams Photography is really a business. I filed for and received my Sales Tax number last night, and I now have my own sole proprietorship.

The grand opening will be August 15.

I took a long trip to Manhattan and Topeka today to make some purchases for my portable studio (is that a contradiction of terms?). First off, I picked up a copy of Adobe Photoshop CS2 at K-State. I was using Photoshop Elements, and let me tell you, it's like comparing a shovel to a bulldozer. So many more tools at my disposal -- which will take a while to learn -- and I know this will give me more avenues to improve my images.

After that I drove to Topeka to make some purchases at Wolfe's Camera, the only camera store I know of withing 100 miles of here. I only buy from them on occasion, most of my equipment purchases are done online through B&H and other retailers. Some tell me I should spend more in-state to keep the local guys in business, but such persons must never have gone to Wolfe's.

When I shop there, my chances are 50/50 between good service and being treated like garbage. Wolfe's good service is awesome, but their bad service makes online shopping seem friendly and social.

I got good service this trip, so next time I think I'll just walk in, read a price and run before getting the third degree from one of the camera clowns.

I bought a pair of umbrella for that Photogenic I bought, but they can be used on any strobe. In fact, I'm thinking of selling the Photogenic so I can buy a full kit brand new where everything fits everything else. Plus, a warrantee would be nice.

So, Anyone want to buy a strobe?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soo... I just got your e-mail about 15 minutes ago. Sorry - I wasn't at work today. Did you come by?
~Katie

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home