Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Closing time

I'm shutting down my photography business.

Don't worry, it's not permanent. I'm closing it because I have a lot of things I need to change with my business and a lot of decisions to make regarding its future.

Why must I shut it down, you ask? It's like needing to replace the serpentine belt on your car. You don't just pop the hood while you're on the road and reach on in. You need to pull over and take your time so that things work better once you're back on the road.

Same thing here. I need to review all my finances and examine my past sales to figure out where I can go from here, and how best to get there. I can't do this while I'm still open because my bookkeeping has gotten out of control and I need to balance everything up, then make my decisions. I plan on being open again in one month. Hopefully, I'll be back in half that time.

And when I do come back, I intend to make it better than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home