Monday, July 17, 2006

Trapped at the Ramada

Two weeks ago I was asked by one of the teachers at K-State's J-School to help with a workshop they were putting on for a few hundred high school students. They said it was a week's work, I'd be paid $200 and would get free housing at the Ramada Plaza Hotel plus all meals. Neither of us had the time to discuss it in detail, but I said yes.

Now as I sit here on old carpet in a long hall with no wallpaper or air-conditioning, where I shall stay for at least another two hours, I am starting to wonder if I should reconsider that decision. You see, I'm on hall-watching duty, which is where I have to sit out in the hall and watch them come and go and make sure the students don't sneak out to go to Aggieville or do God knows what else. It is not a pleasant duty, but a necessary one.

Don't get me wrong, I want to make this workshop as good as I can, but it really gets boring at night.I'll probably be online till late, (I was up till one am last night) so if you want to talk, I'm not going anywhere.

MSN: firsthobbit
AOL: LgnAdams

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the interview with the wanderer go?

~Katie

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home