Thursday, January 19, 2006

Forgive me, Pulitzer, for I have sinned... Confessions of an obscenely arrogant reporter

I'm ashamed of myself. I've become one of "those" reporters.

You know the type. They aren't just arrogant the way most reporters are. They're so arrogant and prideful they make the rest of the industry look humble.

And I've let myself become one of them. The size my ego reached the other night was so great I could have crushed a man with it.

I've been letting myself be a rude, abrasive person to a whole lot of people at the Collegian and I've been hurting more than a few persons' feelings along the way.

The way I've been acting lately has been bordering on lunacy, and if not for the sharp eye of one of the editors I've been abusing lately, a story of mine that's printing tomorrow would have a grievous innacuracy when it comes to a certain detective's name.

Thank God for people who keep a look out for you even when you've kicked sand in their eyes, figuratively speaking.

So now I need to work on this humility thing. No doubt it won't be pleasant, but just as much, no doubt it's necessary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home