Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I've gone and f*cked things up again

Remember this post?

Well, I've done gone and took a potential relationship and plowed it into the ground. Sort of.

The truth is, I sabotaged it. This girl, who will go unnamed to protect her privacy, wanted to date but not have any exclusivity.

We went out on a couple of dates and I kept trying to see any signs in person that she was interested in me, but all I got around her was utter disinterest. Then, one day while chatting online, through a process I can't explain, she told me she had a crush on me and I admitted the same for her, only for her to tell me time and time again that she'd been sending all the flirting and sublety she could at me. Thus, my head started spinning.

She wanted to meet up every once in a while and go out together and have fun, but no commitment or titles or anything serious. I was OK with this because we live 80 miles apart and would not have been able to kindle a real relationship. To her credit, she was the first to say that.

Anyways, we were in this state of grey limbo where I had no damned idea where I stood, but all of a sudden she was making a bunch of phone calls wanting to talk and talk and talk about stuff and getting mad at me for not being able to keep a close, intelligent conversation going with me. I mean, she just suddenly transformed from regular girl to attention-hungry girl, but wanted me to just be her doormat... er, friend.

(To those who haven't noticed, I've developed a very strong aversion to women that say they want me to be their friend but really just want to use me, especially with the frequency with which I've have been encountering them in the past couple years.)

This really left me confused because I thought we had agreed we were just friends, who dated from time to time, but she was acting like a jealous girlfriend. Then there was this cold, uncomfortable conversation about who we were together, and we haven't talked to each other much since.

And I just read on her blog that I am a jerk.

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not.

I just know that I really have no idea what the hell is going on.

And that giving up on relationships as a whole is looking like a better option every damned day.

0 Comments:

<< Home