Thursday, November 24, 2005

Relationship confusion

Well, I guess it's about time I let it be known my relationship status is no longer 100% single.

It's now somewhere in that giant gray area between completely single and "has a girlfriend." Where exactly, I'm not sure.

There's this girl named Kendra that I've taken out on a few dates. She goes to ESU. We met a few years ago in Dodge City (long story) and then started meeting up in my hometown and having fun together.

In a conversation this weekend, we admitted to each other that there are mutual crushes in existence. We asked a bunch of questions and decided to keep our status as "dating," since we're already a long distance apart and a real relationship wouldn't work like that. Which is ok with me. She can date anyone else she wants, as can I, (I think). So that's what's going on.

But here's the realy kick in the head: I have no ability to recognize when a woman is interested in me.

Kendra said she'd been flirting with me like mad on our dates only to wind up frustrated because I never responded to it. And all along, I thought she just wasn't interested in me.

But she is.

So here's the scary part: how many girls have I missed out on getting... um, closer to because I flat-out didn't pick up on their hints?

This is depressing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mela said...

Logan, dear, anyone who would go out with you on 'a few dates' is obviously interested. Duh. And congratulations, btw. <3

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for, Logan.....about two weeks too late but, it's the thought that counts. I'm very happy for you.

And, I feel you more than you know (well, not really "more than", you probably know).
-Jeremy

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home