Friday, September 30, 2005

Wedding Jitters... and I'm not even the one getting hitched!

I finally got together with the family and had a long talk about what it is they want from me as their photographer.

It would have been simpler to ask if there was anything they didn't want.

Here's the deal: the groom wants great art, as does the rest of the family. How harshly will they critique it? All I know is that his parents are co-owners of the Strecker-Nelson Art Gallery, and they all expect the best.

I was told when I took this job that it was simply candid/photojournalistic wedding coverage; they already had a photographer for all the formal work. That is no longer the case.

The new situation is that the bride's second cousin is a photographer for the wedding doing formal stuff, but they want me to do the formals as well, but it sounds to me like I'm going to be doing everything myself, but they're telling her she's the main one so she feels good about herself. I could be wrong, I won't really know until tomorrow at 1 when I start working.

Another interesting development: the gallery where they're having the reception is full of feminine art at the moment. That is to say, it's filled with images and sculptures of naked women, and will be as such for the big day.

I'm not kidding. I'm actually going to have to put a disclaimer on the gallery that some might be offending by the adult content found in my images from the reception. Salvador Dali would be stunned by the sheer surreality of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home