Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Cue "Twilight Zone" Music

Remember that Saturday Night live sketch that took place in a diner and the cooks would chant "cheeseburger! cheeseburger! cheeseburger!" all the time?

Today, I ate at Ollie's Trolley, a burger joint with "Famous Fries" that's next door to our building on L Street. I ordered a 1/4 lb. Cheeseburger special, they asked what I wanted to drink. I saw bottles of Pepsi, and said "Pepsi" mistakenly believing that since it was on display it was for sale.

And then the dude taking my order said, in the exact "cheeseburger!" voice from the same SNL sketch that they had coke. I knodded "ok" and I got my order with time.

I swear, it was the same characters, different diner. Or one really unimaginative conspiracy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home