Tuesday, January 25, 2005

From ten stories up...

Looking down 15th Street at the Inaugural Parade. Posted by Hello

See this picture? This was my only sighting of last thursday's parade.

But what I want you to pay clost attention to the perspective: really freaking high.

This picture was taken from the balcony that the Scripps Media Center has here on the 10th floor, the only floor that has one. I like this balcony very much, because when I'm waiting on something or stuck trying to get around a mental knot or when I just want some peace, not quiet, just peace, I go out there. (It overlooks Vermont and L, after all)

It's a peaceful place because of one thing: distance. The nearest human being you can see, unless there's one on the balcony with you because you didn't block the door, is on the street or in another building, and either way that is nice. You can let go of the confusion, the tension, the consternation, the aggravation, and a whole lot of other negative things that end in -ion.

Except for globalization, that just can't be stopped. Too bad, now back to the fairway, Arnie.

I just came back from the balcony. I finished the Alton Brown story today, I hope, and once the papers of the country have had their chance at it I'll post it here, along with the story behind the story, which I'm certain will have you all drooling. Just remember to wipe that face or you'll ruin your keyboards.

Tomorrow I'm heading to the hill, (as in, el capitolissimo) there's some announcement being made in the House TV/Radio Press Gallery that is supposed to be something, so hi-ho, hi-ho, it's to the house I go, to do some crap then take a nap, hi-ho, hi-ho-hi-ho-hi-ho.

(You sang it to yourself, admit it.)

I'm taking off for the night now. Good night, God Bless, and send me money. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten stories? That's not that high, Log. Try the Sear's Tower. :) Anyway, nice to know you have a view of something.
-Jeremy
P.S.: Yeah, I sang the song. It was good.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home