Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A late May Update

I resumed the writing of my novel "Stuck" today. It was very difficult as I had not touched the manuscript in almost two months.

That decision came when I realized that I was juggling too much as finals approached so "Stuck" was dropped so I could focus on keeping my grades, my business and my job airborne. I guess that it got stuck in the mud when I dropped it because I was only able to complete one page, and that's after throwing the last two away because they just sucked.

I've started a new diet and excercise plan. First off: no soda, ice cream, pizza or greasy/fried foods. None. Second, one hour of moderate excercise daily as well as trying to drive less and walk more. I did 200 crunches and 150 jumping jacks yesterday. I climbed the stairs at Memorial Stadium again and again for half and hour and did a few laps around the field today, and I'm going to do some pushups when I sign off.

I'm listening to this song by The Fray called "Over my Head (Cable Car)" and I really enjoy it. Some lyrics:

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head, Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind, She's on your mind

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just make sure you don't get too burnt out on the exercise. If your routine truly is that rigirous, take a day off once every three or four days. Then get right back to it. If you don't do that, you might get burnt out. Trust me.... I might speak from experience.
~Katie

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home