Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Enrollment Insanity

Here are the classes I was supposed to have this semester:

-Arabic 4
-History of American Agriculture
-Medical Reporting
-Advanced News and Feature Writing
-Ethics in Mass Communication

When I enrolled more than a month ago, my advisor, who teaches Ethics, thought I'd be just fine for the class. I took her word for it. This was my mistake.

There's a saying in newspapers: "If your mother says she loves you, check it out."

That is to say, never assume anything to be true. Well, in this case, I assumed I was OK.

And I assumed wrong. At least there weren't any grieving famileies that were hurt by my actions.

I discovered today that Ethics has two prerequisites that I lack, Senior standing and one Philosophy class. This became apparent when I recieved an email to let me know I'd been kicked out of the class.

I also found out that my advisor is a stickler for these prerequisites for her Ethics class students and never lets anyone in without it. That is, except me, whose entire schedule was set up around that class.

So I go to the professor who was teaching my Ethics class (another one seperate from my advisor) who hears my plea, but refuses to let me into the class.

It was at this point I got rather freaked out and started knocking on doors trying to find someone who knew something about finding classes for unenrolled students such as myself, and after a few coversations I found some help.

I found a class that I didn't really want but was willing to accept. I have a spot reserved in it for me and I am now attempting to enroll in it.

Only KATS , the online system we enroll with, has decided to suck.

What a day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray Philosophy. I'm taking it this semester... should be, um... interesting. Yeah, we'll just say interesting. ~Katie

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home