Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

It's two hours into 2006, and I'm sitting at my laptop writing.

At the end of 2004, I asked for a better year than the tumultuous one I'd just experienced. I asked for a year that would see me grow into a better person and a better journalist.

I got my wish.

I went to DC.
I came back from DC.
I worked all summer for the Mercury.
I started my photo business.
I returned to the Collegian.
I fell for a girl.
She used me.
Another girl walked back into my life.
It didn't work.
I finished the semester.

There were other things, but that's the big stuff. More interestingly, thanks to this blog, this entire year of my life was documented far better than any other.

As for the next year, well, here's what I hope for:

Great Writing.
Great Journalism.
Great Photography.
And, if things go right for once in this department, a real relationship. (You know the kind)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home