Wednesday, October 19, 2005

How badly do I miss DC?

There was just a story on CNN about commuting, and it featured tape of the DC Metro trains. I literally got up and stood by the tv and grinned with pleasure like a junkie taking a hit off a joint to the sounds in the background. The Ding-dong, the recorded announcement "Doors closing," it's repeat, then the sweet, sweet squeal and woosh! of the train taking off down the line.

I ended my job in DC 6 months ago, and I'm still in this state. Damn, this is sad.

Coincidentally enough, one of my colleagues here at the Collegian asked me a few hours ago if I wanted to get a job in Washington after I graduate. My answer -- "Yes" -- was an massive understatement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

DC is a mere 4-5 hours from Martinsville.....

I definitely look forward to visiting there as soon as possible. :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home