Thursday, October 13, 2005

Get your bytes off my computer, you damned dirty virus!

So my laptop has a virus. It appears Norton Antivirus was taking a nap or something and just let a trojan horse just waltz right in and mess up my computer. Not only that, but Norton also feels the need to put a window up that I can't close or minimize until the virus is gone. I click "repair," it tries to delete the virus, then tells me it can't delete the virus.

Perhaps Norton is just a sissy.

So I went to norton's website, where they had a removal tool that was designed just for this one virus. That's right, this virus is so tough, they made a program just for killing it. I wonder if he feels honored. It must really help his reputation with all the other viruses out on the Internet.

So I downloaded the remover, ran it, and it told me the virus wasn't found on my computer. Yay! I thought, it must be gone. I then restarted my computer like the instructions said, only to find that the little bastard was still there. I ran the remover again; same answer.

And the virus is still there. My laptop is disconnected from the internet and running at a snail's pace, and I've got orders coming in for pictures that I can't process. It looks like I may have to get the hard drive wiped; fortunately I've been rather good at backing up my work and I've been preparing for a contingency like this.

It still pisses me off, however.

I feel like starting a campaign to make it punishable by death to make and a computer virus. That's right, you make a bug that screws people's lives up, you get your head shot off or or thrown into a trash compactor or fed to a horde of hungry tasmanian devils, your choice..

Maybe that's too draconian of me. Howsabout was just cut their fingers off so they can't type anymore?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mela said...

Since I currently have a similar problem, I agree completely. I get to wipe my hard drive on BOTH my computers. Yay. I hate hate hate redoing the internet settings and redownloading all those programs I love... So yeah, let's shoot their fingers off! Or we could cut them off with a spoon.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home