Saturday, September 10, 2005

Oh look, a venomous, angry epiphany!

I've realized a few things about how I relate to women that I'd like to share:

1. I'm tired of being a relationship counselor to women who would never consider dating me but treat me in a semi-interested fashion so I'll stay around thinking I have a chance but really do nothing but provide an easy audience.

2. I'm tired of listening to women cry and moan and complain about how their men don't listen to them or pay enough attention to them or only want sex from them, yet when I hint at anything resembling a relationship with any girl (I've been trying, dammit) they give me one of those looks that you'd expect from a girl who just found a dead bug in her salad.

3. I'm tired of letting myself get tricked into thinking I have a shot at a meaningful relationship with a woman when she's just after a shoulder on which to lean, cry, or (much more often than any of them are willing to admit) bitch.