Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Welcome, and don't feed the tourists.

I haven't posted in a while, because there hasn't been as much to post about. Sorry, didn't mean to neglect the voyeauristic freaks of the world.

My brother Drew graduated from High School on Sunday. I was very, very proud of him and still am. It should be entertaining when he realizes he's done with High School.

Monday was another County Commission meeting, and was a good day. After work was over, I went over to K-State and picked up a few copies of "Update," the magazine the J-school produces for the alumni. I was featured in a story about the past, present, and future students of the school.

I was the present, in case you're still guessing, and have been joking that this makes me the very model of the modern major in journal-ism. I was very happy with the job they did in writing about me, and was surprised to find that they published the address of this blog.

So, to any K-State alumni who are coming here to read about me:

Welcome, and don't feed the tourists.

I then went to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I tried to get a few friends to go with me, but they were busy. So I went alone.

All I will say about the film is that it gave me the impression that Lucas et al. just said:

"Hey, I'm tired of writing and working on this crap. Let's just get this over with so we can go home."

Hell, he could have done the entire last movie with stick-puppets and construction paper and it still would've made him millions upon millions of dollars.

After the film, I rushed home to my cousin's 8th grade graduation, aka promotion, watched, went to the reception at her house, had a beer, and came home.

Thank you, that is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mela said...

Watch your grammar, young man! It's you're not your! True that about Star Wars, though...

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home