Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A toast to the Hollingers

I got an email today that made me happy. It turns out I got a scholarship for the 2005-06 school year, for $1,000.

Here's what it says about it on the JMC website:

Max E. and Jean Hollinger Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 1997 by Max E. Hollinger, a 1950 journalism graduate, to recognize his long standing commitment to excellence at K-State and the A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications and to provide financial assistance to journalism majors or pre-majors. The donor requests that recipients shall have taken, or plan to take, a class in finance and insurance and that preference be given to Dickinson County High School graduates. This scholarship can be renewed if scholastic standards are met.

So I'm happy about that.

And then I found out that Canon will be starting a bunch of rebates this friday, including $100 off the Canon 20D, the camera I intend to buy when I'm home, and a bunch of their lenses and flashes.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

congratulations!!! scholarships are so wonderful! I'm proud of you.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home