Monday, April 11, 2005

Something I plan to do upon getting home

Here in Washington, I have grown to resent large building and the constant crowds.

I have come to feel uncomfortable being in a big city, and at risk of sounding like a Dixie Chicks song, I really look forward to seeing some wide open spaces.

So once I've taken care of my laundry and have gotten some extra sleep, I think I'll get in my Jeep, drive five miles in one direction on 177 or 56, turn 90 degrees, and go another five miles down the gravel road of my choosing.

(Ohhh, gravel, I quiver with joy at the thought of thee.)

At that time, I intend to stop my vehicle, turn off the engine, and look around. Hopefully, there won't be a single person in sight.

But I'm not going to tell you what I plan to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I miss the openness too. I want to be where there's no one, if only for the sake of synergy.

Somehow, loneliness doesn't feel quite so consuming when there's nobody else around.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home