Thursday, March 10, 2005

A thursday night without ER

At noon today I was sitting in a room on the sixth floor of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Journalists waiting for Sen. Pat Roberts to give a speech that was scheduled for 12:00. Only he wasn't there. An aide walked up to the podium and announced that there had been a stacked vote and the senator would be late. It was at that moment I cursed myself for not bringing my iPod.

Ten minutes later another aide walked up and said that Roberts had finished voting, and was on his way over from the White House.

Ok, let's think this out. Roberts is a Senator. He votes in the Capitol. The Woodrow Wilson Center is pretty much right between the Capitol and the White House. Thus, something doesn't add up.

But he got there, and he gave his speech.

At one point, Sen. Pat Roberts stopped talking about Intelligence Reform and asked all the reporters present to cheer for K-State tonight against the Aggies. Then he started talking about Intelligence Reform again.

I'd put a transition here, but I'm too lazy.

I went for a walk earlier tonight because I was in one of those moods where you want to go for a walk at night. I went all over the place.

And I stopped at the church on my block, the one I go to almost every Sunday. It was locked, I just stood at the door and stared at it.

That's all I really have to say tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home