Saturday, March 05, 2005

Barbershop

I got my hair cut today, as the foliage atop my head was starting to make my neck hurt from the weight.

Don't think I'm kidding, when the wind picked up a few days ago I damn near got carried away to Virginia by the fuzzy sail that had come into being upon my skull.

So first I went to the this place called "HAIRCUTS by MARY!"

Big mistake.

I walked into this place, which was really a salon, and met a woman who was the kind of person that you don't want to have holding sharp objects anywhere near your head.

So I acted like I was a confused young man who had forgotten his medication and then left "HAIRCUTS by MARY!" and went to SUPERCUTS, one metro stop away. This was much, much better.

I took off my coat, and the hat that had been holding my hair down so that I wouldn't be a hazard to low-flying aircraft. My hair had stuck together in this awful dome that the barber/hairdresser/whatever started picking at to judge my hair's length.

But she only picked at one side, which reset itself in a way that made me look like Gumby.

She started with the sides, made her way up to the top, and pretty soon, had laid to waste the thing some of my firends call "the fro."

Now, don't think I like my new haircut. I've never liked my haircut.

I just hate this one less than the one I used to have, which is more than enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home