Monday, March 14, 2005

Random statements and the like

Lyrics in my head:
"I took a guess and cut a portion out of my heart,
He said 'that's nowhere close enough but it's a damn good start.'
I wrote the secret that I buried on the wishing-well wall
He said 'I seen one, it follows that I seen them all.'"
-"The Devil in the Wishing Well" by Five for Fighting

So today I had a meeting with our supervisor, Jody, today about my progress this semester after 9 weeks of work. She said I'm doing well, but I need to stop coming in late.

Which wouldn't be so hard if my roommate's snoring didn't keep me up late at night.

Which won't happen tonight thanks to the OTC sleep aids I have ingested.

Don't worry, I took the safe, reccomended dose. They should start affecting me at about the same time I finish this post, and have me snoozing about 90 minutes after that.

There's a girl on my mind now that I haven't seen in months. It's starting to drive me crazy because I don't know what to think regarding her anymore.

Now, this isn't that "I can't live without her" crap or that "My soul wretches forth from the depths out of my longing for her" garbage. This is more along the lines of "there's this girl on my mind that I like but find byself being deeply, deeply confused by" or "So I like this gal, or I think I do, or maybe I do, or..."

Ahh, screw it. I'd delete those last two paragraphs, but I like the "emotional states" I made up. Or maybe the sleep aids are affecting my judgement.

In other news, I'm covering a speech or two about a future resolution making 24 Kansas Counties into a... I forget, but involves bleeding somehow. I'll explain later.

Oh, and I wish to announce a project I've been planning for a good year now: a nice-sized work of fiction. More info here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home