Friday, February 11, 2005

So this is Virginia!

Lyrics in my head:
"We'll meet again, don't know how, don't know when,
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day."

Today I took a trip deep, deep into the very heart of Virginia.

Ok, ok, I just went to Alexandria with Glenn, but still, I went.

We took the train to the Van Dorn Station, and then we were supposed to take the #7 DASH bus out to a Mercedes-Benz dealership where they were having tryouts for the "apprentice."

Only we took the #5 DASH bus. Because I am a freaking idiot who writes news stories for a national wire but can't tell the difference between a seven and a five.

I guess I could say that if you rotate a 7 it becomes a V, which is the Roman numeral for five.

Or I could say that we were tricked.

But then I'd be ignoring the truth: I am a freaking idiot.

And I know for a fact that everyone at home is nodding they're heads saying:

"Well, I could've told you that, now send me to D.C. why don'cha?"

But my self esteem did get a nice pickup once we found our way there after taking a fast-paced, guided tour of Alexandria, Virginia against our wills.

That boost came from comparing two things:

A) Me, and B) the really disturbing people I met

Fortunately, I had the Foundation's digital camera and took quite a few pictures out there, and I'll be posting them here.

After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

And a thousand words can give you serious wrist cramps from all the typing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home