Thursday, February 10, 2005

Quoting Matchbox 20

All day long I've had these lyrics in my head:

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know, right now you can't tell.
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
a different side of me.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know, right now you don't care.
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be."

A couple nights ago, Lauren and I were getting ready to leave the newsroom and chatting about stuff and at one point remarks: "I luv ya Logan."

I can tell you from personal experience that a kick to the groin wouldn't have caught me so far off guard. (Thanks so damned much to my younger siblings)

Lauren has a boyfriend, probably soon to be her fiance, and she speaks of her love for him very, very often, so I'm certain this was platonic love she was talking about.

Or maybe she just really, really wanted another piece of beef jerky. Who knows?

I had a very disturbing dream this morning that made me late for work. Fortunately they're rather forgiving here, especially when they sometime have you work almost double shifts for free.

The general rule of thumb, as I see it, is as long as you get the story, they don't care.

And that's about the best rule as I ever seen.

Of course, it probably expains how journalists as a whole earned the reputation for being drunks and the like.

Whatever the case, I have to get up early tomorrow to cover tryouts for "The Apprentice" that are happeing across the Potomac tomorrow. That's both the regular one with "the Donald" and the new one with Martha Stewart that will get going once she takes care of this little thingy called a prison sentence.

-30-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

spaz

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home