Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Is that an aneurism I feel?

Lyrics in my head:
I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music woudn't play

Well, I got a whopping 3 hours of sleep last night.

Fortunately I the meeting I was supposed to cover wasn't scheduled until 2:30 today, so I had plenty of time this morning to sit around, calm down, clean myself up, and go to work.

I went to the bureau first, and checked my email, sent a few others, and then I left for the Capitol Building an hour before it was supposed to start. I went outside, it was raining lightly. I got out my umbrella, and the wind damn near stole it from me.

The wind and rain were south-blowing, so I got on the north side of the street and kept my umbrella sheathed. It's a small, weak umbrealla I use, and it would've easily been destroyed by the weather.

I got to the metro station, and got on a train. It was the wrong train, and it took me in the wrong direction, and it made me get very angry with myself.

I switched trains and started going in the direction I needed, and by this time I was worried I would be late.

I got out of the station at the capitol and started walking South to Dirksen Senate Office Building. The rain had picked up, so I was forced to use my umbrella and hold on for dear life. After a fun little walk, I arrived and was relieved to find I was ten minutes early.

But I was not relieved to walk up to the door and find that the hearing had been cancelled.

So much for that bright idea.

I crossed over to Hart and went to SH-303, the office of Sen. Sam Brownback.

I requested his press secretary, because I'd been planning on meeting him at the hearing, and he came after a few minutes. We shook hands, I found out a little about what had happened, and was on my way home.

I want some sleep, badly. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

Hey kiddo,

Sorry I couldn't talk much today. We're going to try to get my computer fixed this weekend, but no matter what, I'm always here for you. Don't hesitate to send an email or call if you need to talk. :)

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home