Friday, July 08, 2005

Lessons Learned

I covered two softball games last night, you can find them on my photoshelter account.

I learned a few interesting things last night. First, is that Canon was totally honest when it said their batteries for the 20D will last about 1000 frames before going dead. I took home 904 frames on my card last night, and I had deleted well over 100 while chimping on the sidelines between moments of action.

I also learned how to time it right when photographing pitchers so that you get them in their motions just after throwing the ball, with the ball itself hanging in midair in front of him/ her. Here are some of my good pics from the game, including all my good pitcher photos.

Finally, I learned that it was definitely a good idea to buy business cards, which I'll post a picture of in a minute. Parents wanted mine pretty badly, I brought around 40 and I gave out every one I had. so they could look at the pictures later. I loved the look in their eyes when I told them they'd be able to see the entire gallery by morning.

But there is one thing I do not know: Besides the size of the ball and the pitcher throwing underhanded, is there any real difference between softball and baseball? Does it really matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home