Wednesday, July 06, 2005

With my teeth on the bumper....

I sold 5 baseball prints today, and I know that many other orders are on their way.

My mom gave an 8x10 print to the coach of his son at the BBQ for my little brother's team last night, and you could see in his eyes how much he loved it. I also brought along a few example prints and some homemade business cards, and the parents were on them like crazy.

I must admit it's strange to be where I am right now. I've been dreaming for almost a year now of starting my own photography business, going digital, and making lots of pictures that really affect people. And now that I'm on the very verge of it, I feel like the dog that chased cars, and caught one. I am making my own dreams come true, and I love it.

Next week is a five-day baseball tournament, and I may very well get to be the official photographer. I don't know where this will take me from here, I could be a youth sports photographer for life, or five years from now I could be flying from stadium to stadium each week to cover every sport. (Wanna be my assistant and stand on the sideline at pro games, Scott?)

I'm happy with wherever this takes me; it all comes down to how good my pictures are, how good they get, and how I manage myself as an artist.

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gus said...

sure...ask Scott... ;)

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home