Sunday, July 03, 2005

I am a bad grandson.

I nearly dismembered my grandmother tonight.

I was laying down on a couch in the middle of a room watching a movie when it happened. I felt a little pinch on the back of my neck, and looked up and back to find my sister, smirking at me for having caused a distraction.

I went back to the film once I realized she didn't want anything but to bother me.

Then I felt the same pinch. My sister was a persistent pain in the neck, literally.

So I snapped my hand up and back and grabbed the arm the pinching fingers belonged to and pulled hard, knowing my sister would put up a fight.

But the arm didn't resist, it gave easily. Too easily.

And my poor, tiny grandmother went sailing up and over the top of the couch and landed on me.

"Oh God," I thought, "I tore my grandmother's arm off!"

Fortunately, the arm did not leave its socket and she was cackling with laughter; it was a few minutes before I was convinced she was ok.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mela said...

Yes, you are a horrible grandson.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it was funny even when I heard about it later. All of your Uncles were laughing also....Our Mother is a prankster - and this was one of the few times she got caught in here 80 years! Just be more carfull next time she is around - she is getting more fragile with age - even though she doesn't act like it. smiles - Mom

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home