Tuesday, June 14, 2005

100 things about me. Damn, I'm a trend whore

So this is the latest thing for people to do on their blogs these days? Write down 100 facts about themselves at random. Ok, wish me luck... I stopped at 31.

1. I got into journalism before I learned about Watergate.
2. That puts me into a serious minority of reporters out there,
3. There are several holes in the blue jeans I am wearing right now.
4. Most of my work clothes are already filled with holes, or should I say emptied by them?
5. I consider myself to be good at writing.
6. I am a genius at massage.
7. I know this because I once had to stop rubbing a woman's neck and shoulders because she was becoming aroused and started too... umm... use your imagination.
8. I cannot resist a pretty woman with long, black hair.
9. I have a tendency to fall in love against my will.
10. Pieces of my own pottery are my favorite thing to give to people I care about.

11. My record is six beers.
12. I have had 4 of my photographs published on the Scripps Howard News Service photo wire.
13. I think guys who say the most beautiful part of a woman is her personality, mind, or soul are lying; or have just never seen a woman.
14. I do, however, believe that the most important part of a woman is her personality.
15. I carry a 20GB iPod.
16. I respect Ernie Pyle a whole hell of a lot more than Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein.
17. I don't have anything against Woodstein, I just really, really respect Pyle.
18. I will always miss the city of Washington, D.C. when I am not there.
19. I wish I could bottle up the way a good camera feels in my hands and let others try it out.
20. I like women very much, even though they absolutely terrify me.

21. I haven't photographed a sunset since October 9, 2004.
22. I don't think I'll photograph one for a long time, if not ever again.
23. I haven't written a column since December 8, 2004.
24. It may be a long time since I write another, too.
25. I'm perfectly OK with 22 and 24.
26. I used to buy my mom flowers and have them delivered to her at work from time to time, just to make her feel good.
27. It was also so that she wouldn't notice I didn't do my chores.
28. I live by the Woody Allen quote "I would never join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
29. I have gone three and four days at a time on many occasions without having a conversation with a single person.
30. People find it incredibly easy to ignore me, giving me a remarkable ability to disappear in plain sight.

31. I stopped liking this at 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home