Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Dreamblogging

I had a dream two nights ago that I can't get out of my head. I don't know what it means about me or the world around me, I'm not even certain if this was a dream where I made decisions or simply watched events happen. I'm keeping it vague and nameless because I'm not comfortable with sharing the full-detailed version. If you want to ask me about it privately, go ahead. I'm sorry if it scares or bothers anyone, I just can't keep it to myself anymore.

I was walking through a strange room I'd never been in before that looked like a library and went up a short set of stairs, and walking there was a deceased friend of mine. Only she was alive. She was dressed in white, and glowing with that same energy she radiated in life.

I called her name. She turned and smiled, walked up to me, and we shared a hug; a strong, lasting one you'd give to a friend that you'd thought you'd never see again in this life.

I told her I thought she died, and then her mother appeared and told me it was all a mistake, a misunderstanding, and that she had never passed away. She'd been here all along.

I asked about the person for whom she cared the most; we needed to find him and tell him. Her mother said he already knew and was on his way to find her.

Then my friend pulled my ear close and spoke.

"I'm O.K., Logan. Everything is O.K.," she said.

Then they left, and I was the happiest I'd been in my entire life. Her death, the grief, the sadness, the pain; none of it had ever happened. She was just fine, her family was just fine.

I just took it hook, line, sinker, net and stringer, so I deserved what I got: a rude awakening.

I woke up for no reason at all. It was 3:12 a.m. The cold, hard truth closed in. I dealt with it having just been a dream, and for a while it was like being stabbed.

Then her words returned to my mind, they were both soothing and confusing.

"I'm O.K., Logan. Everything is O.K."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home