Monday, May 09, 2005

No Longer a Teenager: Two decades crawling, walking, and driving across the earth

Yeah, that's right, I turned 20 today. Aren't I special?

I got up this morning at 5:54 A.M. (some numbers just stick in your memory) and groomed myself. Dressed in my black suit with a green shirt and black/silver/blue tie, I was out of CG by 7:05 and arrived at the Mercury at 8:00. I did some research online, went over to the County Building, and covered the meeting.

Not much happened. I wrote a short story (6 inches) about what little that was said that was important, and left. I also got a nice lead on a feature/news story to work on the rest of the week. I went to K-State and dropped off some paperwork, the last I would have to do for my internship. It is finally complete. No more. Ever.

I tried to get a few friends on the phone to meet and do something, but no luck. Twas finals week for my college friends, and my non-college friends were straight-out unavailable. Poo.

I went home, went to work for a little while so my dad could go play golf. I opened my presents, had a nice dinner and pie, and I even did dishes. I made them let me. And then I posted.

I'm twenty now. XX. 20. I'm excited about next year though.

21. I just love thinking about that. 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home