Wednesday, April 27, 2005

prodigal son

I went to Manhattan today for the third time since I got home.

The last two times were for giving presentations, and this time around it was to turn in some paperwork and do some other things.

First I met me friend Ryan for lunch at Chinese Chef, my favorite chinese restaurant on the face of the earth. I've been going there for 2 years, Ryan for 4.

Chinese food was a staple for me in D.C., but none of the 3 places I ate at there were as good -- food, service, and hygiene-wise -- as Chinese Chef. And it was nice to eat with a friend and having a conversation instead of eating alone in the restaurant or at my desk.

After that I drove over to the Manhattan Mercury and gave them a resume, asking them to consider me if any possible work comes up.

I was told to come in Monday at 8 a.m. I'm not certain if I've been hired or if this is just a try-out, but I'm going to write about the Manhattan City Council.

I went to K-State Campus to turn in my papers, and wound up wandering about aimlessly for a few hours.

I went to the Collegian, and it hurt to be there. I went there last week, and all was well with me. But this time it was painful to see that room, it brought back a bunch of really painful memories.

I drove out to Sunrise Cemetery to speak to a friend, but wound up just standing around unable to put together a coherent thought. I said goodbye and left, defeated.

I went back to campus, spoke to a friend in the bowling alley, and left. I hunted down a few more friends, talked for a little while, then left town. Now I'm feeling rather, down.

Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home