Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Today, I covered a Senate subcommittee hearing on a bill that I don't want to have to explain again because I just don't want to. Plus, I'm certain you don't care either.

Story got done, all went well, except for the one interview I wanted to have before the day was through, which didn't happen. But that's life.

Something interesting happened tonight when I left work.

Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata- Adagio Sostenuto" started playing from my iPod as I waited for the elevator, and continued as I sautered down the four blocks between my building and the Metro station. I love this song because it's about anger, a special kind of anger.

It's not that rage that burns you along with it or that loathing that eats you from within. It's about that anger that burns inside of you eternally without consuming anything. It's gentle, and constant, and can turn into that special rage or that deep loathing whenever you so desire.

And it makes a nice companion when you're feeling alone.

The song, that is.

And now the sleeping drugs kick in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home