Sunday, March 27, 2005

Another Walk in Woodley

When I reached the downstairs door to go outside and have myself a little walk, I discovered it was raining, just like it had been several other times when I had looked outside today. So I went back up the stairs and switched coats, from my "no-rain" coat to my "all-the-rain-I-can-find" coat, and went back out.

I love walking in the rain when you don't have any need to stay dry. When you're wearing expensive clothes that would be ruined by a soaking it's horrible, but this was nice.

It's been raining off and on for the past couple days, and as a result a lot of the nasty stuff in the air seems to have been filtered out. I was able to breathe in deep, and it felt good.

I stopped at this chinese restaurant I hadn't eaten at before, and ordered a large Mongolian Pork. They left me a small glass of water, and didn't refill it again until they came with my check, and the pork itself wasn't too good, wasn't very large at all, and thus my tip wasn't very large either. Hell, the fortune cookie they gave me was empty, so the hell with them.

I left, and walked across Taft bridge four times while enjoying my iPod. I listened to Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven," The Verve Pipe's "Freshmen," Matchbox Twenty's "If you're gone," and the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony," among others.

The walk was a good one, and I tried to make an audioblog post of the sound of cars going by, only my cell phone couldn't pick up the sound, so no post. I doubt it would've been good anyways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home