Saturday, February 19, 2005

iTunes and iPod: Now that it's out of the box...

I'm sitting here listening to a live recording of Collective Soul's "December" I got from iTunes.

Before making a purchase through this service, you're allowed to listen to a 30-second preview of the song in question, which is almost cruel. If you're listening to emotional music, you get cut off from the song just when you start getting into it. Very dangerous.

But I really love the Pepsi deal where you type in the code from a bottle cap and get a free song, especially since my kind family back home has been emailing me codes.

So far, I have downloaded:
-"Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows
-"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls
-"Angel" by Sarah Mclachlan
-"December" by Collective Soul, iTunes exclusive live version.

All iTunes albums are $9.99 apiece, which is very nice because they're $20 or higher in CD form from just about every place I've been here in D.C., so I expect to save some money in that respect.

Should you start using iTunes like me?

Hell no, you should send all your Pepsi bottle codes here: logan.adams@gmail.com.

As for the iPod, it's an awesome thing to have. I'd reccomend it to anyone who wants to have their music with them, and I mean all their music. I've put nearly 200 songs on mine, and it's taken less than 1 GB of the 18.5 actual GB of space my "20 GB" iPod has.

Don't worry, I was expecting that. That doesn't mean I like it, however. But hey, what can you do?

Finally: No, I have not started dancing like they do in those damned commercials. I was afraid I'd start bouncing off walls, rearranging my spine, and doing backflips like the commercials, but I'm still the awkward, uncoordinated, clumsy guy with two left feet you all know and love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would laugh really hard if I saw you walking down the street, and then, all of the sudden, you were bouncing off the walls and doing the Michael Jackson. Yeah, that would be pretty funny. :0)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would laugh really hard if I saw you walking down the street, and then, all of the sudden, you were bouncing off the walls and doing the Michael Jackson. Yeah, that would be pretty funny. :0) Katie :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home